UNM Peer Institutions
Peer institutions are selected as a means to benchmark university performance against a set of similar institutions. The Higher Education Department (HED) Peer Group is comprised of institutions that the New Mexico HED recognizes as our institutional peers. The IPEDS comparison set is comprised of public research universities from Southwestern states as well as some universities located in the Midwest and Southeastern U.S.
Peer Institutions Approved by the Higher Education Department
The peers were chosen because their academic program offerings, enrollments, and mission closely resemble UNM's.
- Arizona State University
- Florida International University
- New Mexico State University-Main Campus
- Oklahoma State University-Main Campus
- Texas A & M University-College Station
- Texas Tech University
- The University of Tennessee
- The University of Texas at Arlington
- The University of Texas at Austin
- The University of Texas at El Paso
- University of Arizona
Peer Institutions Used for IPEDS Comparisons
The ten selected institutions provide a comparison group that includes a mix of demographically similar and aspirational peers with a health sciences center.