OIA Data Request Process
The UNM Office of Institutional Analytics (OIA) collects, analyzes and publishes aggregated data on students, staff, and finance. Prior to initiating a data request, please consult the following resources:
- Data Dictionary: Contains definitions of common terms found in our reports and dashboards
- Fact Book: Interactive dashboards with information on student enrollment, degrees, faculty, staff, and financial aid (produced annually)
- Official Enrollment Reports: Contains information on enrollments and student credit hours (SCH) by level, college, demographic group, and time status (produced each semester)
- Official Enrollment by Major: An interactive dashboard with enrollment counts by college, major, course load, level, and demographics (updated each semester)
- Common Data Set: Used to populate many of our national surveys such as U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review; Contains information on enrollment, incoming freshman demographics, faculty, course section sizes, and more (produced annually)
- IPEDS Finance, HR, and Student Data: These data are reported to the Federal Government every year and are a rich source of data on finance, degrees, enrollments, and employees
**If you have thoroughly explored these resources and still need information, please initiate an OIA Data Request ticket here.**
- Submission of a request does not guarantee data access. Data dissemination is at the discretion of the data stewards and guided by state and federal regulations and UNM's Data Governance Policy.
- Data requests take various amounts of time to process depending upon the complexity, sensitivity, and time submitted. During peak federal- and state-mandated reporting cycles (September, October, January, and February), we are unable to guarantee delivery sooner than 3 weeks from the date of the request. During less intensive periods, we can typically return data within 2 weeks, subject to other reporting priorities and the complexity of your request.
- We are unable to provide reports to be used for student research, master's theses, and doctoral dissertations.
- Requests for student-level data or any data with personally identifiable information (PII) should be referred to the UNM Division of Enrollment Mangement. If you are seeking live, unofficial, and/or student-level data, please initiate a data request with Enrollment Management here.